Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lovely Shrimp Croquettes ( Japanese shrimp koroke)

First japanese food that I have learned from my dad in law. My husband and I love to eat koroke (croquette), so..one day when we were in Atlanta,to visit my husband's parents and family..my dad in law called me and told me to come to the kitchen with him to make some japanese dishes. And one of them was croquette. He taught me how to make ground beef croquette.
Then..day by day I started to learn the other japanese dishes from my dad in law. He was my first teacher actually who taught me some Japanese foods. I remember too, when we just have first baby, my dad and mom in law came to visit us to Japan from US, and during their visit days, he was the one who cooked breakfast,lunch and dinner for us. I was soo embarassed , because i tought they were guests in our house,so ,I'm suppoused to serve them. But he told me,in Japan there's a culture that sometimes, parents or in law stay with their children who just have a new born baby to help them at least for a week such as cooking or cleaning the house. Hmm..I'm  so glad I have them as my In law.
Okay,..so here's the recipe fro shrimp croquette, you change the shrimp with ground beef or chicken as you like to have them in your croquette.Enjoy!!

***SHRIMP CROQUETTES***

Inggredients:
:: boiled potatoes
:: boied eggs
:: fresh shrimp (chopped or blended)
:: cream cheese
:: chopped onion
:: salt and pepper to taste
:: frying oil
:: butter

For the batter:
:: panko or bread crumbs
:: all purpose flour
:: beaten eggs

How to make :
1. Smash the boiled potatoes, saute chopped onion with butter,when it turns to light brown,put the ground shrimp,stir well until become tender and the color has change.
2. Put the boiled eggs which already chopped, sautted shrimp and onion,and mix them as well,put some salt and pepper to taste then put some cream cheese and mix it again
3. Make the shape of croquettes as like as you wish
4. Firstly after all are finished to be shapes, put one by one in to the flour,then beaten eggs and bread crumbs. Do it step by step.
5. Fry the croquettes in to hot fry oil until the color has turn to golden brown
6. Serve with barbeque sauce or ketchup or mayyonaise,and garnish with thinly sliced cabbage and cherry tomatoes












No comments: